MS & I

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

yeah for me!...

Went to the doctors today and received great great news! My MRI came back with no changes. They were a bit concerned that i had just had a relapse in the past two weeks but the films don't lie!
What does this mean?
  • no changes in size of the lesions means that they arnt growing and stay the same (good!)
  • no more lesions have grown in the last 6 months (very good!)
  • the MRI was of my brain and spine (my spine is the worst when it comes to lesions) the fist MRI I have had of my spine since my diagnoses. My spine looks GREAT! No changes and just the same old stupid lesions.

What are lesions?

  • In multiple sclerosis, lesions, also known as plaques, are patches of inflammation in the central nervous system in which the nerve cells have been stripped of their myelin, an insulating fatty protein. Lesions tend to be randomly distributed in the CNS white matter. The neurons of the white matter are responsible for sending communication signals both within the CNS and between the CNS and the rest of the body.

So there is your biology lesson for the day!

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts I feel them each and everyday and feel the blessings every time I receive good new like this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment