MS & I

Friday, May 19, 2017

Continued…

 It was so sad to learn about Chris Cornell this morning, found this article that I totally love and thought I would share !  Seems to go hand-in-hand with my last post.



By Nicole Alvarez

It’s impossible to understand why Chris Cornell did what he did. It’s incomprehensible. However, what you CAN try and understand is that depression is the devil. Depression, which is compounded by loneliness, isolation, self-loathing, hopelessness, and sometimes chemicals and addiction, will take a human and pin them to the ground face down until they are out of air and all they see is darkness. So, plain and simple, if you know anyone that you even remotely think is going through something, anything, you reach out. Pay attention to your feelings and always assume that the people you know have them too and sometimes can’t handle them alone. Basically, give a shit. Wake up and give a shit. This life is not meant to be lived alone in your head, it’s a gat damn team effort, strength in numbers. Back in the day, gladiators, some bad ass motherf*ckers, had a very inspirational approach to victory. They believed that to win, you have to fight as a single unit. I’ve always loved that. We fight as a single unit. If the person next to me is hurt, I’m going to put my arm around them and who knows, in helping them, maybe a part of me that needs healing is served as well. The least we can do is try.

No comments:

Post a Comment