MS & I

Thursday, September 22, 2016

hmm...

Sitting in the hospital getting my 56th Tysabri infusion when I realized I missed writing a blog post for last month. My bad, my bad! So I have two hours to kill and realized this would be great time to "put pen to paper" and let you know what has been going on, but honestly there is nothing to exciting to report. Well, there have been many things in the works over the past two months. but honestly I have been very reluctant to share any of those things because I am scared that I might "jinx" the chances of them happening.
For example: if you follow me on Instagram & or Facebook you saw how giddy I was about the opportunity to get myself a service dog. This is something that I have been looking forward to for years and it was finally going to happen! With money that I made from the car accident I could finally afford it. And that meant that I would no longer need to employ my cane or walker to help me get around.  But alas it didn't pan out and soon I would literally go crawling back to those horrid devices. So what happened? Titus, my future service dog had been in training for 2 weeks when I got the sad news that he just wasn't going to work for what I needed. The trainers were worried that he might be a bit too skittish and possibly knock me over or drag me down. Something I definitely did not need or want. Obviously heart broken and overwhelmed I decided not to continue with the program and find another dog. (I was going to post a pic of Titus and I, but I actually deleted all of them.) So because of that whole situation you can see why I am hesitant to share any "news" until things are set in stone.
So with that being said I can only hope and pray that things go the way I plan, but then again  I NEVER planned to be diagnosed with MS at the age of 21 before I really got to experience life. But it is what it is. It sucks, big time. But I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and for whatever reason I was "blessed" with this struggle in my life. So for right now I will just have to be stared at while using a cane or walker.  And as in the words in my late brother Denver '"who cares?"

No comments:

Post a Comment